mp3 to wav

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeLeMuNdO!

In Runtime
sorry if this is in the wrong section

i want to convert some mp3 files to .wavs, but i don't like the results of what i'm getting. i just downloaded some mp3 to wav converter to do it, but every time i convert a file, the .wav is like 30 megs.....i either need some way to compress the size, or a better way. any thoughts anybody?

.wavs are always large. That is the whole purpose for MP3 to begin with. MP3 was invented back when hard drives were small and broadband was not to make it easier to store and transfer music files without having to use a big honkin' wav file.

Have to agree. If you need a WAV for a reason then fair enough but its gonna be big. Other stick with MP3.

If you are converting them to Wav to burn an audio CD, just use a burning program like Nero, it will convert the files for you... otherwise, I agree, why use Wav's?!

the reason i wanted to use wav files was because some sites only let you use midi or wav files if you want music to play. and i usually just get some wavs online where they are full songs and are only like 100 kb....thats why i was wondering.

You may be able to embed an mp3 into a website.. I have done it with a wma file.

<p align=center style='text-align:center'><EMBED SRC="HPWSong.wma" AUTOSTART=true WIDTH=144 HEIGHT=60 LOOP=1></p>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom