MP3 name editing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
Ok, so i spend the last few weeks getting all of my music organized on my computer. I have several thousand songs from various rips and downloads. I had organized them and renamed them by right clicking on the file and going to re-name and typing in the Artist name - Song name. However, when i went to play them using WMP, even using Sonicstage, the files were still named Track 1 or something other than what I named them(they were still named as the original name they had). DO i have to use software to edit the ID3 tag(i just read about that, never had heard of it before) or what can i do to get the songs named as artist-song name. If there's a free software thats works great, and will help me, then i'd be much appreciative. Thanks!

If you add it to WMP, you can change it from there.
You can also right click, go to properties and change it from there.
songbh5.png

You will need ID3 Tag editing software. Use Google. It will give you all the best possible answers. Doing ti the way Peter suggested is one method. But not not show the changes if you use any other method to play the music other than WMP.

Hello,

I use a free program called TagScanner to edit ID3 tags. As well as many other functions, it has the ability to generate filenames from audio tags, and create audio tags from filenames. You can also get song and album information from online databases.

shot5.png

thanks for the replies. I actually read a few reviews about TagScanner and I think i'll be giving that a try this weekend. If anyone has any other programs(free) that they use, feel free to post them in here, i'll check them out as well. Thanks again.

use wmp advance tag editor. you can rename and add pictures.

tag1.jpg

tag2.jpg

Alvin how do you use tagscanner to rename from file? I know that you can do it but I didn't have any luck with it

u

If i use WMP, then it will only change the settings while I use the file on WMP. Are their any other easy to use ID3 tag editros other than tagscanner or one called the godfather? I tried those two, but they weren't easy to use, and truthfully, i couldn't figure them out. I'm just ticked that I went through my folder and renamed my files artist-song, and then when i use WMP or sonicstage, it called them track 01 or some stupid name!

Ok, let me rephrase my last post. I was kinda writing it and dealing with my son, i just went and reread it and there's a mistake in it. I actually liked TagScanner, however, my computer just kept freezing up while I was using it. I had to actually power the computer down by killing the power to it. GodFather was the program I didn't know how to use. I know could google and find the list, but there's so dang many of them, i just want a simple one to use. Any suggestions other than tagscanner?

If i use WMP, then it will only change the settings while I use the file on WMP.

this is a false statement with the advance tag editor. I just started using because I have a car media player that shows album art for my ipod. I just tried many different software to rename my missing tracks and add pictures.
wmp is the best and easiest for me. after I hit apply, every software recognize the changes. I then use anapod explorer (I hate itunes) to add the songs to my ipods

this is a false statement with the advance tag editor. I just started using because I have a car media player that shows album art for my ipod. I just tried many different software to rename my missing tracks and add pictures.
wmp is the best and easiest for me. after I hit apply, every software recognize the changes. I then use anapod explorer (I hate itunes) to add the songs to my ipods

Oh, so i can use WMP to change the ID3 tags and it will change it for other players to recognize it? In an earlier post in this thread Macaveli stated that only WMP would recognize it. Well, I do think using WMP is easiest for me, so i'll go that route then. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom