Mozilla Thunderbird is firewalled by zonealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.

harrytewkesbury

Baseband Member
Hey all. I like open source. Is it so much to love free software? Anyway, i use thunderbird for my e-mail, and from the last update, ZoneAlarm suddenly decides that it wants to block thunderbird from downloading my messages. Since i am cheap and am using the zonealarm free firewall only edition, i cannot allow certain ports to be opened for thunderbird to use. By default i think that thunderbird uses port 110 but am not sure. So, if i cant fix the problem (prove me wrong please!!) then can anyone recommend a worthwhile FREE firewall and/or email client which will work? Am a student by the way which is my excuse for being cheap! :)

Er blocked. I have been trawling around the net for answers and it seems that this is a recognised problem of incompatibility for the most recent release of ZoneAlarm so i guess i have to wait for the next release (assuming there is a fix)

I am on the free edition. The program control area says that thunderbird IS allowed. This is a problem beyond this: the only remedy that i can think of is that port 110 (which is what Thunderbird uses) is blocked by Zonealarm, something which can be manually altered in the full version of Zonealarm, but not in the free edition.

Are you sure that it is only port 110. Where are you getting the messages from. Gmail uses port 995 not 110. I would double check and make sure that your mail has the right port.

Outgoing POP mail isport 110 and outgoing on port 25. To be honest, i have about given up: if the boffins (!) at zonelabs can't figure it out, buggered if i can. Thanks for the effort though: of course any suggestions are still welcomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom