Mozilla & temp internet files - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 04-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Mozilla & temp internet files

Does anyone know how to delete temporary internet files from the Mozilla browser? I would dislike having to always go to IE just to dump them.

Also, I've seen people comment that Firefox is better than Mozilla, Why?! So far I like Mozilla, I would have to disagree that Mozilla is faster, graphics seem to take a wee bit longer to load on the pages. And its also a little heavier load on the RAM. IE runs at about 16M and Mozilla runs at 25M....

Someone give me some really good solid reasons why I should try Firefox.....please.

Another also....when I click on links in email, it automatically uses IE to goto that page. What do I need to do so that clicked on links open with Mozilla?

Old 04-08-2004, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I don't think you have to use a browser to delete temp internet files. Just right-click on your drive, click on properties, then do disk clean up and check the temp. internet files.
Oh, and by the way, I like IE, it is cool and there is nothing wrong with it.

Samsung QX410 notebook <-- lol, I'm always on the go these days :(
Old 04-09-2004, 12:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

i use mozilla firefox
on my old computer firfox was faster loading anything
you can customize your toolbar so that it has a clear cache and temp internet files button
Old 04-09-2004, 07:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

firefox is really just a browser, mozilla combines it all like a pop3 mail client, irc chat, a composer and of course a browser, if u dont use these features then i would just get firefox, nething but ie, buggy securityless error prone **** imo that micro$oft couldnt even make themselves, they had to buy the rights to it and then pass it off as their own creation. anyways i could rant about microsucks for 3 pages. hope that helps and to fix ur ie problem try going into preferences and make mozilla ur default browser and why try firefox, because u mite like it, u talk like its some huge thing to install and test it and if u dont like to uninstall it
Fear is nothing but the anticipation of pain, be it physical, mental, spiritual or emotional.
Athlon XP 2200+ oc\'ed @ 1.93ghz
MSI ms-6738
768mb ddr2100
Nvidia mx420 :(
60gig maxtor 7200rpm
Dual boot with Mandrake 10.0 and Win XP Pro sp2
Closed Thread