Mozilla Says Firefox Flaw Could Lead To Data Leak - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 08:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: Mozilla Says Firefox Flaw Could Lead To Data Leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent-Valentine View Post
what anti-virus do u sergest and what firewall do you servest? and i only use more than one pc caus i can, i dont keep any of that **** on my pc, im more afraid to lose my songs than anything else, but i dont keep any of the card numbers or anything on my pc, thats just pure stupid, also i dont use the save password setting. also, you seem like you know alot about pc's and laptops, so do you think u can help with my laptop? im in dire need of help with my sound on it, i made a thread "Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems" i really need the sound and webcam going, thats it, the rest doesnt really matter at the moment.
Grammar pl0x?

Anyway...

Antivirus: Nod32, Kaspersky, Avast! or AVG
Firewall: I use Comodo Free Firewall, and it's been pretty good. if you have a firewall built into your router, that's even better.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
Old 01-24-2008, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Techie

awesome, i use cyberdefender and comodo, but i might start using avg again, im sick of all the sh-- that cyberdefender doesnt catch.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to plumber4578 Send a message via MSN to plumber4578

There hasn't been a Firefox update in weeks maybe months!!!! Usually they update once a week. I knew something was up. They have a big problem to fix. I have herd a lot of issues with firefox lately. I acctually went back to IE about a month ago or so because thngs I was hearing.
VIDEO - EVGA 8800 GTX
MEM - 4 GB (1BGX4) G.SKILL PC2 6400
PSU - CORSAIR 620WATT
HD - 2 SAMSUNG 500GB 7200 RPM
OS - Windows Vista 64Bit
Old 01-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Wait, so if you bought something online using mozilla firefox losers can get your info? I looked at one sentence of it. Someone please tell me. I have no important info stored in microsoft word or anything.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
PeugeotEnthusiast

Send a message via MSN to NayNay1991x

Maybe they got mixed up with

Internet Explorer.. Lool
Old 01-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #16 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber4578 View Post
There hasn't been a Firefox update in weeks maybe months!!!! Usually they update once a week. I knew something was up. They have a big problem to fix. I have herd a lot of issues with firefox lately. I acctually went back to IE about a month ago or so because thngs I was hearing.
so you trade in your kitchen faucet, the one that let one drip of water come out for one that has broken pipes all the way to the sewer line?

Me, I would had put in a new washer (fixed it) on the first one
Old 01-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Grandfather of Techist

\_(ツ)_/

There hasn't been an update as there hadn't been anything update worthy... or anything else that I have heard of. Mozilla puts out an update when there is a need to put one out. Ever hear of, "No news is good news"?

My Rig: SABLE
Antec 300 Illusion / Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W / ASUS GeForce GTX 960 GTX960-DC2OC-2GD5
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition / Gelid Tranquillo / MSI 970A-G43
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB / Samsung 840 120GB / WD Black 750GB / WD Green 1TB
2x4GB DDR3 1600 - 2x2GB DDR3 1600
Win10 Ent 64-bit - Mionix Naos 7000 Mouse - CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard

R.I.P. Danny L. Trotter ... 14 Nov 1945 - 4 Sept 2009
Old 01-24-2008, 09:29 PM   #18 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent-Valentine View Post
what anti-virus do u sergest and what firewall do you servest? and i only use more than one pc caus i can, i dont keep any of that **** on my pc, im more afraid to lose my songs than anything else, but i dont keep any of the card numbers or anything on my pc, thats just pure stupid, also i dont use the save password setting. also, you seem like you know alot about pc's and laptops, so do you think u can help with my laptop? im in dire need of help with my sound on it, i made a thread "Acer Aspire 4710Z - couple of problems" i really need the sound and webcam going, thats it, the rest doesnt really matter at the moment.
Okay let me try and sort this out for you.

For the songs part. that is easy. 1 of 2 thigns will always keep them protected. Put them on a seperate partition from you system files. I ahve a 150GB partition on my 320GB drive that is dedicated to just my MP3 files. Also you can use a External drive for them as well. This will prevent any harm from coming to them unless you delete or format the drive by accident.

I will take a look at your thread when i find it and see if i can help.

As for the Anti Virus this has already been answered.
Anti-Virus: Avast!, AVG, NOD32
Firewall: Comodo, Zone Alarm
Even better get Eset Smart Security. It has NOD32 and Eset's firewall. Best of both worlds.

The answer was also right that a built in firewall into your router will protect you. I do not run a firewall as the firewall buil into my router stops all attacks.

Eric is right again. There was updates done to Firefox before the enw year when they did 3 updates within a month. But that doesnt mean you have to get all worried. I mean come on. Firefox 2 has gone at least 4 months if not more without a update till a flaw was ofund and patched. Cant patch flaws if you dont know about them.:laughing:

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 01-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #19 (permalink)
Junior Techie

good points there, cant fix what u dont know about, and i used eset for a while, but it wasnt legal so i wanna get a legal version, can i buy it online, or...? and yeah, i use comodo caus its free and awesome, where as zone alarm asks u questions you've already answered and it gets frustrating, so for a while i wasnt running a firewall for a while, but i wasnt really using the net either, so my pc's safe again, and thanks man, i appreciate that you will take a look.

Closed Thread