Mozilla Firefox browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I finally gave in and tried firefox. Aside from some issues with using the scroll wheel on my mouse, it seems to work fine for just about anything.

The only other problem I am having is getting other programs to stop launching IE whenever they want to access the net. Updaters, and MSN (when trying to check my email) most webpage links open in firefox, but when another program launches a window, it does it in IE.

Is there a way I can change this? even on a program-by-program basis?

Well, u can set it as a default browser through firefox. I think every time u start it it will ask u.

Can you name a few specific programs that do this? Some of them my have their own configuation which can allow you to choose the browser they use.

after a few restarts, the only one that still does it is MSN Messenger (as far as I can tell) the New e-mail messages link opens in IE (unsuccessfully I might add, due to all of the problems IE has been having)

Cunjo said:
after a few restarts, the only one that still does it is MSN Messenger (as far as I can tell) the New e-mail messages link opens in IE (unsuccessfully I might add, due to all of the problems IE has been having)

I,m not clear if you use messenger,if not, have a firewall block it

you defalt browser should be done from the internet options in the control panal instead of just in firefox's options

goto controll panel add and remove programs then add remove windows components you can disable ie here also any other windows programs you dont want

I dont think you can make mail from ms instant messenger load to a different browser as its in its internal structure (the people at firefox would have to write/change exclusive MS code).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom