Mozilla Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

hygor

Daemon Poster
I have recently started using Mozilla Firefox... and let me say first of all... i absolutely love it... its faster than ie... it looks nice (esp with skins), it has a built in but smart pop up blocker (So doesnt block popups which you have actually clicked to open!) and it has a nice built in download manager!!!

However on a few sites where a bloody adserver.adtech.de advert is place it pops up a username and password request for each advert ie. request login for "" at adserver.adtech.de or "adserver.adtech.de" at adserver.adtech.de
so it is gettting really annoying... as all i wanted to do was play the top 100 games on FHM.com

Is there anyway to stop firefox asking me this???

Edit: I have just tested it with IE and it does the same thing... is there anyway to turn this off on either browser? as it is obviously a website problem!

BTW if no one can answer this fair enough... but please consider using Firefox.... its beautifuL!!!! :)

Let me just say welcome to the club! (as you can tell by my sig ;) )

i had that problem once but did not feel like searching for a fix, because it was only once.

but other than that, EVERYBODY SHOULD GET FIREFOX!!!!!!

I agree FireFox is great, but with the coming of XP SP2, IE is on the come back trail...

Yeah, it is definately way better than IE. The only thing is that people need to start getting with the program and making sites compatable with more than one browser. Some sites I still must use IE, but having a nice one most of the time heavily outweighs the slight inconvenience. I definately liked how shockwave and flash are now fully supported by firefox. When I went to install them this time i didnt have to search for a random plug in directory, it actually recognized the browser! Go Mozilla!

with the risk of sounding like a mc donalds advert.... i'm lovin' it!

Since you guys like Firefox so well, I guess I will just have to try it. I went to Mozilla's website and saw the Firefox 0.8. Is that what you guys are refering too?

Also, why would Mozilla create 2 browsers? Can both be installed on the computer without any problems?

yeah it is 0.8 we are talking about... i dont bother with the main Mozilla browser as i dont need the features that it has and i think it is slower than firefox!

I've been using Firefox for about a month. I haven't had any problems, except that Yahoo!'s Launch streaming audio and video wont work with it. Other than that, it's the best browser I've ever used. Everything just seems more convenient and faster than IE, and I make frequent use of the handy and well-placed Google search bar that comes already in Firefox.... And to think it's only version 0.8!

I'm sticking with Firefox until they come up with something even better, which looks unlikely for years to come. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom