Moving software to local server

xxoorr

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, I was wondering the best approach on a situation where my company is paying monthly service for a specific software which we implement into our clients and monitor their internal systems. As we have username and pass and a dedicated portal page where we login and there we can manage all the settings and configurations. And here is the part - how can I use this software but instead of going to the remote server to login into our dedicated page, I want to swap my portal platform and use it as it is on my local server. How can get to there?

Yes they do, but the price is 30k which is a little too much for a company of 5 employees, this is why I am searching for other way around.

Basically yes, but here is an example - the software company name lets say 'abc' is providing us a piece of software which we install on our client machines and we are charged per device from abc and we are paying decent amount of money each month to use this. Well while doing that we are logon to abc portal with our company name dedicated page - and if my company name is 'heraldyc' our link for logon is heraldyc.abc.com. Ok, so now I want instead of using this - just to use my own domain for that technology and to provide user names and passwords to my clients and when they login they would see heraldyc.com instead of heraldyc.abc.com. I know this might not be possible but just giving a shot, this is one of my biggest projects I am trying to approach so I will be really happy if someone came up with anything.

Then it sounds like you'll want to pony up that 30k for on-prem hosting.

Unless the company provides the portal piece available separately for on-prem.

Or you can setup your domain to forward to the "heraldyc.abc.com" link, but it would still end up showing the "abc.com" link at the end.

The cloud service is providing the hosted portal software, which is what you want locally. As I suggested, you'll need to see if they offer this piece separately as a product for on-prem hosting.

Back
Top Bottom