Moving office to my Desktop...How?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-buy a new version

-Connect the 2 computers and move the program files over

-Connect the 2 computers and access it through your laptop

-try the re-install disc's but the key might not work

When talking about the program file movement, you are talking about capturing all the files in the program file on the C: drive. If so, I can't find a setup file for Office... I have been looking around.

Thanks for the help
Derek

Mine is in program files just under ''Microsoft Office''

I think it might work if you transfer it over, and install the disc, im not shure, someone else shed some light...

Hello,

From my knowledge, Office needs to be re-installed on that system using the installation disc.

I don't think you can just copy over the program files, or just run it remotely over the network because there's information in the registry which is required.

You have to reinstall from the disk you can literally copy it over but it will be buggy. When you install from the cd it writes to the registries, when u copy it over it doesnt write to the reg. it just copies the files. It might work, and when u run it, it might auto repair itself into the registries. The safest thing to do is just use the same cd u used to install on ur laptop then use the same cd key and just install it on ur machine. The key shopuld work i do it all the time with mine, i have used my copy of office 2003 on about 5 different machines, u should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom