Moving folders in Windows 7 partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeborgdot

Daemon Poster
What seems to be the best way to move folders in Windows 7? There seems to be several different ways. I have several hdd with several partitions. Thanks.

Just right click and select cut and go to where you want it right click and paste. I dont understand what your trying to get at here. Are you asking if you should use third party software or something? If that is the case only use TeraCopy. If that is not what you mean can you be a little more specific about what you are looking for.

Yeah, like usual I left out info. I create partitions and then like to keep My documents on partition D, My pictures on E, My Music on next hdd partition F, My videos on other hdd partition G. I also like to put my programs on another hdd and separate partition.

Okay but that still doesnt answer what your trying to achieve. You can store this data on those drives and just map them via the Library feature in Win7. This is how i do it with my Win7 install. I dont have to change anything when saving files from the internet either. It automatically chooses those locations since i removed the default Win7 locations and put in my own.

It isnt done any differently in Win7 than it was done in XP or Vista. Like i said, you dont have to change a thing if you use the Library feature. It is up to you to decide if that is what you want or if you want to fully change the folders.

change default folder windows 7 - Bing

There are plenty of ways to do either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom