Movie Maker - ish - Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
What's up guys. Looking around for an alternative program. We were using Photo Story but it began to give us issues that were able to be duplicated many times, both here and also based on what we read on forums from other users all over the place. Teachers have resorted to using Movie Maker, which in itself is a self explanatory issue.

I understand Movie Maker is out of the picture with Windows 7, however we are still on XP Pro and likely will be until next summer (assuming we even migrate then. budgets are tight). So while Movie Maker *sometimes* does the job at hand for now, it's full of its own errors that are causing some headaches, and it doesn't seem to be the most future-proof option. I'm hoping on finding a future proof option (which takes out Movie Maker due to lack of existence in W7) that is free (to save some weight with tax payer money) but still does a decent job.

I was googling around and found a few options, however I figured I would post here in hopes of getting any user feedback from some applications out there. I have taken a particular interest in two open source options, known as VideoSpin and Avidemux. Avidemux I have used on Ubuntu (also available on OSX, Win, etc) and found to be half decent, but VideoSpin will be a new thing for me to test.

Does anybody have any feedback to throw my way to jumpstart this hunt? Any help is mucho appreciated.

There's no Movie Maker in Windows 7, because it has been replaced by Windows Live Movie Maker, part of the whole Windows Live suite (messenger, mail, movie maker, silverlight, etc.) It's a lot better than the Movie Maker that's standard with XP now.

That may be so, but if at all possible, I'd like to avoid it anyway. Is there any feedback about any other alternative apps?

Nero Vision, ConvertxtoDVD, Danuisoft Converter.

All of them can take just about any file format and convert it to DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom