Movie clips playback too dark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Baseband Member
Whenever i open a movie clip in either Windows media player 11, or in VLC media player, they playback really dark, and almost in monochrome? do i need to install something to make them play properly? I have a 8800GTX gpu
Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated

Just to toss another idea out there, could your monitor be going out?

The CRT's here at my work look fine for most things you do... but if you try to play a movie or look at a photograph it sucks.

My monitor performs well in every other situation, games, windows etc, its only about 18 months old, so i'm a bit loathe to mess about with the settings on the nvidia controls in case it's not that thats causing the problem, what about the drivers for the video card? could it be that they need updating?

Well yeah that should always be the first step. Update your video drivers.

its the gamma. i've had this problem before, it just looks wicked dark like your looking down on the monitor rather then straight at it. just go in and adjust your gamma and you'll be spick and span.

You need to adjust the "Overlay" brightness/color in you Video card settings. This does not effect the over-all brightness of the monitor for normal windows viewing but does affect movie playback and should be under something seperate, look around for it in the nvida control panel. Should be under color correction, then you need to switch a drop down box (i think its a drop down box) to Overlay.

Problem sorted - it turned out to be the graphics card drivers, i downloaded the latest nvidia pack and it instantly solved the problem. Thanks guys for your help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom