Move over Google Docs... Adobe is here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcovalt

In Runtime
I know what your thinking. Adobe? Ya right. They suck! Well, I just came across their online word processing program and am immensely impressed. Check it out here: Buzzword. It is really cool!

It is extremely bloated. I mean Acrobat is just huge to just read and create PDF files. Dopdf and FoxIt Reader combined are still 1/4 of the size of Acrobat.

People talk aobut how Office is getting bloated and all that. Adobe is the same way. CS3 MAster Collection takes up around 15GB of space. Just a insane amount of space.

In all honesty there are so many options out there now for PDF that Adobe is starting to feel the pressure. Not to mention the price issue of Adobe products...

It is extremely bloated. I mean Acrobat is just huge to just read and create PDF files. Dopdf and FoxIt Reader combined are still 1/4 of the size of Acrobat.

People talk aobut how Office is getting bloated and all that. Adobe is the same way. CS3 MAster Collection takes up around 15GB of space. Just a insane amount of space.

In all honesty there are so many options out there now for PDF that Adobe is starting to feel the pressure. Not to mention the price issue of Adobe products...

Fair points. I was really just curious how the opinion was formulated. I really don't have an opinion. I use open office as much as possible and make a few pdfs here and there with acrobat (company cost... I dont feel it). I really don't use a lot of their other products enough to hold a strong opinion though.

Well i know the feeling since i use Photoshop. It is a big cost to get that app. But i really dont use any others. Acrobat i ahve found substitutes for and there is jsut no way i can replace Photoshop. I have tried GIMP and other but they are not the same.

It is mainly the price factor now. They still charge so much for them. They are worse than Microsoft with their pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom