Mouse randomly clicks when I type. Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevbjj

Beta member
For some reason my mouse will randomly click wherever it is hovering when I type. It does it very sparaticly, but seems to only happen when I type. I have an Acer laptop with Vista. I have tried to research this problem, but all I have found is people saying to change the keypad sensitivity, which I can't find anywhere. I do know that I am not hitting the keypad at all.

I somehow got a program called System Security on my computer. I later discovered that it was some kind of virus. I used an anti malware program to remove it. After I removed it I noticed a couple things changed. The page scroll on the right side of the keypad no longer will work. The other thing that changed was the volume. There are 2 volume buttons on the laptop. Originally when I would click the + or - volume button I would see the word "volume" and several blocks in green on the screen displaying how high the volume was. Now I dont see anything, and each click of the + or - volume button will change the volume by only 2 (at the volume icon 0-100).

I'm not sure if either of those problems have anything to do with this random clicking or not. I am no computer guru, so please explain for computer illiterate people, lol. Thanks

wow, that's quite a melon scratcher. how long have you had the computer for?. if it old it might be that its starting to do random things and falling apart, but that's probably unlikely. there's a possibility that it could be a virus judging by things randomly disappearing and never turning up again.

Are you sure you are not hitting the Touch Pad with your finger as you type? I have done this many times.

Are you sure you are not hitting the Touch Pad with your finger as you type? I have done this many times.

Yeah I'm sure. I do web design and have to type quite a bit. I had it happen 3 times in a row while trying to type 1 word.

Are you using Alt or Ctrl which could also be taking focus away from the Window.

Are you using Alt or Ctrl which could also be taking focus away from the Window.

No. It happens almost every time I type and sometimes several times during typing. I type alot and put my fingers in the right place, so I doubt it is an accidental hit.

Have you checked the Acer site for updated drivers for the touch pad? Have you looked in the Control Panel under Keyboard as well to adjust your keyboard settings?

Have you checked the Acer site for updated drivers for the touch pad? Have you looked in the Control Panel under Keyboard as well to adjust your keyboard settings?

For some reason Acer doesn't have my laptop listed in their selection. Mine is an Aspire 4730Z. It is only about a month old. I emailed Acer to ask them if they can help. I did see a download for touchpad driver, but it is for a 4720Z. I guess I'll wait for them to tell me what I should do.

I have looked all over this computer for something to change the settings on the touchpad with no luck. I have looked in both keyboard and mouse in the control panel. I have even searched my computer and in windows help and support.

I have the same problem on my Dell laptop. It will click for no reason and if I don't notice it, I have to go back and cut/paste text because what I just typed is 5 lines earlier on the page. Happens on word docs as well as online forums and such. It has to be an issue with the keyboard/touchpad drivers but I can't find a better one than what I already have.

I have the Acer Aspire 5520 and have the same issue with the mouse. It got so bad one day I was making a presentation for my company and the clicking stated in PowerPoint Closed the program and opened up my start menu repeatedly. I had to stop, Restart the computer, and try again. I have been looking for fixes and found nothing. I am using a usb mouse and even while I am typing this it is randomly clicking off the box and highlighting other items........ anyone know a fix? Window's Vista Unlimited O/S

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom