mounting ISO images

Status
Not open for further replies.

zomb3e

Beta member
ok so i have DAEMON Tools but i cant seem to mount an ISO image, yes i am a noob, but i dont know what an ISO image IS lol can somebody help or redirect me to a forum that does help becuase i couldnt find one in search

ISO images are files that contain all the information that a CD or DVD stores. So ISO are like virtual cds or dvds. To make an ISO you need a program like nero or do a google search, there are many programs that can create ISO images.

Daemon tools mounts the image so that windows recognizes it as if it was a cd. So then you read the discs without having to put the actual disc into the drive.

think of an ISO as an image (it actaully is) of everythign on that particular CD/DVD or even hard drive and turned into 1 file (ISO) so an ISO is an exact copy of a CD/DVD but in the form of a digital file caled an ISO. daemon tools is a CD/DVD drive emulator (means it will act as a "fake" CD/DVD drive and will play an ISO as if the ISO was a "fake" disk. so windows will show up as if you ahd an extra CD/DVD drive with a disk in when really is just daemon tools mounting a disk image (ISO)...
also disk images can come in many different file types (ISO,BIN,CCO,IMG,CUE,MDS and a few more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom