mounting ISO images - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default mounting ISO images

ok so i have DAEMON Tools but i cant seem to mount an ISO image, yes i am a noob, but i dont know what an ISO image IS lol can somebody help or redirect me to a forum that does help becuase i couldnt find one in search

Old 12-13-2006, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

ISO images are files that contain all the information that a CD or DVD stores. So ISO are like virtual cds or dvds. To make an ISO you need a program like nero or do a google search, there are many programs that can create ISO images.

Daemon tools mounts the image so that windows recognizes it as if it was a cd. So then you read the discs without having to put the actual disc into the drive.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

think of an ISO as an image (it actaully is) of everythign on that particular CD/DVD or even hard drive and turned into 1 file (ISO) so an ISO is an exact copy of a CD/DVD but in the form of a digital file caled an ISO. daemon tools is a CD/DVD drive emulator (means it will act as a "fake" CD/DVD drive and will play an ISO as if the ISO was a "fake" disk. so windows will show up as if you ahd an extra CD/DVD drive with a disk in when really is just daemon tools mounting a disk image (ISO)...
also disk images can come in many different file types (ISO,BIN,CCO,IMG,CUE,MDS and a few more)
Closed Thread