Most stable OS of all time (PC based)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to have 98, I did know practically everything about it; it crashed too much and wouldn't network properly.
I really like 2000, it is really stable but I prefer XP Pro

well here is my list of fav. OS's:
1. Mac OS X
2. Windows XP Pro
3. Windows 2000 Pro
3. Windows 2003 (I did mean equal third)
4. Windows 98
5. Windows 98 SE - crashes lots (I know from experience)
500. Windows ME

Stable windoze OS - sounds like military intelligence to me...
Windoze crashes -
people expect that...
gate$ know$ that.. hence more (expen$ive) windo$e...

You know, I honestly don't think Windows has crashed for me for at least a year. People seem to expect these CONSTANT crashes, which, I've discovered, do NOT seem to happen as long as folks run updated AV, ad-aware, a decent firewall, etc. Granted, I suppose you SHOULD be able to run anything you want without the OS crashing, but that's never gonna happen... In fact, I expect that OSX, *nix, etc WOULD crash if they were expected to run as much different software as Windows does. I think the BIGGEST problem comes from 3rd party drivers and software which, frankly, Microsoft has NOTHING to do with. Not to be a Redmond apologist, but jeez... give 'em a break. People EXPECT perfection from their OS, and they're NEVER gonna get it; whether it's Windows, *nix or a Mac OS. Windows is just the biggest target for people who really DON'T understand how things REALLY work in the PC world. </soapbox>

me is a peace of crap its so danm hard to re-format without having compatablity issues. Whatta peice of junk

How about Windows in general in crap.

Most people never tried operating systems like Linux before to appreciate it ( installing it and looking around in the GUI does not mean you use it!!! )
Ever got sick of rebooting after every little installation? How many times did Microsoft promise that the next OS would be more stable? Or did Microsoft had an Windows update that had bugs and needed to be updated?
Yes, Windows is the best platform for consumers, almost every game is made on it. But aren't we the ones that deside if this stays like this.
If Microsoft gets more power i think it will become even worst in the future.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom