Most fastest bootable OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't need to get any booster programs or tweak his RAM or any of that...

He just needs to get real.
Turn PC on, get dressed/eat/shower/etc...The PC will be ready by then 10 times over. And if not, it's NOT the OS. You've got a problem.

I really want to know what's got you in a situation so spun up that you can't wait a minute for your PC to boot...and yet you have all this time to go trying all these different OS's.

98se would boot fast, and it is one of the better os's that microsoft made, and it is also quite cheap. My boot is 32 seconds from pressing the button to desktop (including the time it takes to click on my name) how do you get it that fast, or is that after it does the post screen?

DJ-CHRIS, ShoobieRat & VIcone : I don't really have a fast PC so it could be my hardware, booting up Windows XP takes 45 seconds from loading the BIOS to the desktop

bigbmxdave & uzi9mm: I don't really have alot of things which startup my PC (only my zonealarm firewall) I also disabled alot of Windows Services. I also noticed that it took a while for my PC to go through the startup progress (power on until loading my harddisk), there are alot of things such as: "Press N to startup the network DHCP client" (which I don't use, and it is waiting for 5 secs)

SilentEminence: The PC makes alot of noise in hibernate function (you can hear that my motherboard is still on) also it costs alot of energy

ShoobieRat: Would you wait 30 seconds for an OS to load, and you only need to do something which takes up to 10 seconds?

CntdwnToExtn: Would it still run on my PC? (p4 2ghz)

beedubaya: nah don't really think that's an option

TheMajor & Trifid: I think i will use the Win9x kernel since it runs quite fast on now-a-days pc's :)

Ryan, you said you want to check your email before you go to school in the morning.

Here's the solution.

1. Turn on PC when you wake up.
2. Get dressed.
3. By the time you've gotten dressed, 45 seconds will have passed.
4. Check email.
5. Leave.

It's not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom