Most annoying things in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the UAC. Maybe will come in handy someday for me but right now, I hate it..extremely haha

Not much I hate about Vista, thats really it. Its a nice O/S truly.

i have nothing to complain about Vista apart from driver compatibility issues (will be fixed in the coming years, once vista over takes XP :D)

i dont like the drm. and the fact that it has to ask you to do everything.there is a fine line between security and annoying. i also dont like the fact that vista will not use drivers that are unsigned.

I use drivers taht are not signed. With no problem at all i will add. Vista also plays DRM just fine for me. It also does not add DRM to files either.

The UAC can get annoying but it is for a good reason. It does stop drive by installs. So while annoying it does serve a purpose.

My biggest beef. 2 things.

1. People putting blame on Vista when it belongs elsewhere.
2. lack of support from manufactorers, espically since Vista went final in Nov.

Absolutely the lack of driver support from manufacturers. Vista has been in beta and out long enough for manufacturers to get decent drivers out for hardware. Shame on you Creative! Shame on you Nvidia!

Other than that, its a great OS and I love the enhanced plug and play.

im running it right now. and the UAC is annoying but i see Makaveli's logic. i also noticed thanks to side bar that AMD's stock went up. i have coder freind's who bash it for being bloated, and it is true of windows. i have seen custom XP cds that when installed only take up 500 megs. but i think in 20 years the computer will be built into your watch and have a holographic 3d interface anyways lol. so we might as well embrace it.

**** the UAC!! I turned that ***** off..its nice not being prompted anymore. Mostly because it would prompt me each time our logon script at work would run and try to launch and update that updates registry keys..POS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom