morpheus

Status
Not open for further replies.

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
This may need to be in the virus/spyware section, but here goes.
What does it take to get rid of this thing? It (and Limewire) repeatedly show up on my daughter's PC even though I have personally removed them both before. She says she hasn't re-installed them. She claims she didn't install them in the first place. Yeah....sure...I told her they either were installed purposely or by her clicking something and they were piggy-backed. Last time I uninstalled, deleted files, folders, and registry keys. And it's a Poltergeist moment.....they're baaaaaaaccckkkkk. Her PC is so infected I may just format to be sure. Really don't want to though. Her anti-virus has been nuked, browser totally hijacked, can't even get into the registry. I downloaded AVG free to a CD and will run that along with Warez' guide. These are persistant little creatures.

I've never heard of LimeWire just reappearing. I have a feeling your daughter reinstalled it. It sounds like a reformat is the best thing for you. Of course, it's possible to recover from pretty much any spyware/virus invasion, but it can be more trouble than it's worth. Sometimes it's easier just to reformat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom