More RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Mak213.

cheers

Ok Guys, no I am getting confused. Which is it please? I want it running in the more fast mode cause I am using a single core cpu and I am tired of it hanging/lagging on me.

I believe Mak213 is saying 2Gb will still be working in dual channel and the 512MB will work as a single channel mode. mode. Is this correct Mak213?

cheers

^but if he put the 512 stick in, for a total of 2.5gb in single channel, it would in fact be slower then 2gb in dual channel.

right.

I ran 3 gigs like this once. two 512 gig in dual channel and one 2gig in the other slot. the computer was the same speed (perform test 6) as with just the 2 512. I now run 2 one gig in that computer (way faster) and put the 2 gig on my media center server which run only single channel and I sold the 2 512 sticks

Thanks Mak213.

cheers

Ok Guys, no I am getting confused. Which is it please? I want it running in the more fast mode cause I am using a single core cpu and I am tired of it hanging/lagging on me.

I believe Mak213 is saying 2Gb will still be working in dual channel and the 512MB will work as a single channel mode. mode. Is this correct Mak213?

cheers

2 channel mode is like bridging an amp. it will produces more power (speed) than running regular with an extra speaker add on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom