More HDD issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image removed.

What software have you used to try and extend the partition?

From what i see your C:\ Movies drive is your system drive. That is why it is giving you the hassle.

The D:\ drive is your boot drive. If you wanted to do this with the fact that C:\ is the system drive you would need to use GParted. It will be the only one that cam move the data to the beginning of the drive right after the D:\ partition. But even then it would be certain to work as there are plenty of things that could go wrong.

Make a image of the drive with Ghost and then combine them and put the image back on.

You will need Norton Ghost. It is a application that will make a Image of your system as it is right now. Something that you can just put back on your system after you get your hard drives setup the way you want. If not you will be stuck with the setup you have unless you wish to risk data corruption by combining the drives.

Okay. So, what about Z:. when I delete it, it is still surrounded in that green box.

And, I am a little confused, should I be?

No you should not be. This only tells me that you dont really understand what you are trying to do here.

The Green box symbolizes your Extended partitions. From within that you created logical partitions. Which if you delete Z: it will become a part of the extended partition and it will only be able to merge with D:

C: should be able to merge with the unused space. Use Wikipedia to get the info on what a Extended partition and logical drive are.

Okay, I don't know how I did that(made the logical drive 200 gigs), but I can deal with it, because I needed more room on my system drive anyway for games and stuff.

So, to expand C:, with the 65 gigs unallocated I have, I just back up C: with ghost, then use GParted to extend the partition?

You should be able to just right click on it from within the Disk Mangement screen. There it should allow you to merge it with the C:\ drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom