More BSODs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

redfish

Intelligent Metalhead
I HATE BSODS. They scare me. Literally, if my computer has a blue screen when I go to bed I won't be able to sleep.

Moving on... I've been relatively BSOD-free in the past while. Until just recently. The other day, I decided to try overclocking my CPU again, and I promptly recieved a BSOD when I started up my folding. It was a minor overclock, and I'm not certain that it was the culprit. I have the stop code upstairs- I'll post it when I get the chance.

Now last night I was using my computer and it started acting funny. It switched over to an opaque scheme, as if I was running a non-DX11 compatible program, without warning me or giving me any sort of a message. I checked the task manager for suspicious activity, and believe it or not, the #2 (after fahcore_a3) item on the list was the windows experience index manager. I opened up control panel and it told me that "new hardware" was detected but I hadn't plugged anything in. I was pretty suspicious at that. It didn't say that it was running, though, it just told me to run it. Soon afterwards the visual scheme went back to normal. I was pretty nervous as this was late and I wanted to sleep, so I quickly shut off my computer.

This morning, I started it all back up again and did the usual routine- setting up the SMP client correctly and all that- and went downstairs to eat. When I returned, sometime in the early afternoon, I had a BSOD waiting for me. This time it was a stop code 0x19, or BAD_POOL_HEADER. I have recieved this once before after a power outage, but I was assured that this is normal. This time it wasn't after a power outage. I nervously restarted the computer, chose to run in normal mode, and it froze on the log-in screen. I waited and waited but still nothing. I shut down the computer before it gave me another BSOD.

I have an extensive history of BSODs on this computer, ever since I built it. The hardware has been pretty smooth going but the software is another story. Like I said, they had stopped occurring on a regular basis until today. I really need some help.

Redfish, can you please try to boot into safe mode and check to see if your sapphire hd 5770 and memory is giving any kind of problems ?
The reason why I am saying this that error stop code usually means you have a bad configuration setup going on in your windows 7 machine.
It should be easy or simple to fix depending on how deep the problem is check this site for more info a download link.
BAD_POOL_HEADER

Also you might want to speak paton in the morning after you get your system fixed up and find out why your smp client is going berserk on you..

Okay... I have some homework I need to do that's on this computer, so I really need it working properly soon.

I just turned it on and am running it in safe mode. I checked the event log and it's going crazy. Here's an overview of what it looks like:
total # events: 3,901
past 1 hr:
A gazillion Windows Installer service errors and a couple of warnings
A whole bunch of DCOM errors, some scary looking
"readyboot" errors-- titled "Kernel--Event Tracing"
DCOM, Network, Chrome, PnP-X IP Bus Enumerator, more network and DCOM, Drivers (AFD and AsIO), NSI (a connected device isn't functioning?), Workstation, Ancillary Function Driver and DHCP client, TDI support driver, and a bajillion other driver and service errors occurring at exactly the same time,
a Critical error upon startup titled "kernel--power"

Scariest-looking ones from yesterday:
Bugcheck error (here's the code from the BSOD): 0x19 (0x20, 0xffffffa80039a1c10, 0xffffffa80039a1c70, 0x406000a)
Kernel-Power error seconds before bugcheck

I noticed a common theme: There were lots of major errors that said something about corrupt performance values in the registry.

The BSoD a while ago was 0x7E. It was bizarre because it had no title heading, like BAD_POOL_HEADER etc. It was just numbers.

I was just trying to delete some programs, but it started giving me error messages saying that "Windows Installer Service could not be accessed."

Help please!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

Have you ran Memtest? Your memory could be generating the occasional random error causing different crashes at different times.

I ran the windows version, and it found no errors. I also ran the SFC scannow and it popped up with a bunch that it couldn't repair, as normal, and I told it to run chkdsk but it didn't listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom