Monitors in the office

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbc

Banned
My office has started to repalce 18 inch flat screen monitor with new 20 inch flat screen monitors. They appear to be paying approximatly $275 per inch of monitor. Some people have told me do not replace a monitor unless the new monitor is at a minimum five inches larger then the old one. What is your advice on the matter?

its all about pref, some people love there big screens. In some situations like a work environment thereÂ’s really no need for it if a user is just doing data entry. Most of the time the department heads cant justify the cost of bigger monitors and only replace with bigger ones when needed i.e. new machines or dead monitors. It also bleeds out the costs over time if you do it that way. It doesnÂ’t really matter all to much, but for the record. Warez Monster is right, bigger is always better. 21" crt (donÂ’t have the cash for a big flatty and IÂ’m not going smaller!)

s0me0ne said:
its all about pref, some people love there big screens. In some situations like a work environment thereÂ’s really no need for it if a user is just doing data entry. Most of the time the department heads cant justify the cost of bigger monitors and only replace with bigger ones when needed i.e. new machines or dead monitors. It also bleeds out the costs over time if you do it that way. It doesnÂ’t really matter all to much, but for the record. Warez Monster is right, bigger is always better. 21" crt (donÂ’t have the cash for a big flatty and IÂ’m not going smaller!)

Just data entry? I work at an insurance company of 500 pc's, not all have plat panels, 500 is a lot to cover, however DE, data entry has all plat panel because they stare at the monitor and have to read from it fast and accurately. There is a huge need for people like data entry, sure, shitty job, low pay, long hours, weekends all the time, but they need a nice big monitor.

Bigger is always better. But im confused, dont replace one if the new one isnt at least 5 inches larger? that means that if you have a 21 inch now, you shouldnt get bigger until you can afford, or until they make a 26 incher? what kind of **** is that? just wondering.

Do you think that it doesn't pay unless the new monitor is atleast say five inches bigger then the old one? Is flat screen always better then a CRT? I have pals that tell me that a 20 inch CRT is better then a 20 inch flat pannel. Do you see a maximum dollars per inch that one should be paying? How about clerical work?

Well i started off with a 21 " dell at home, when i got my position, i ordered the flat panel 21 dell widescreen...everyone else has 17"...

CRT's are really gay.

Not only do the IT guys have to pick them up and move them, (me) and take them about the office, they are heavy overly-large pieces of shi...

Why take up so much space and have such a heavy unit when you can have a clear display and have a lot of desk space. Clerical work?? you say dosnt need an LCD, clerical like having tons of files on their desk and looking up stuff on the pc, taking up a lot of deskspace. mine as well give them the LCD and let them have the deskspace, and a plat panel screems with attitude, let them know you are serious.

Peace yall.

blake

So what you are saying is that flat pannels are better for clerical work? I can see that, since my desk looks like a bomb hit it. I see the small 17inch as plenty for clerical officce work. Larger monitor are IMHO better for graphics designers or visually impared. What is your thinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom