Monitoring Folder Directory on a Network Drive

Sctahez

Beta member
Hello,

We have shared network drives on my network whose folder structure must not change. We have users who must have full access to the contents of these folders and be able to read/modify/erase and create new files inside these folders. However, the structure of the folders must not change so that other users/programs can locate files within these folders.

Some users sometimes "aggressively click" and drag and drop folders into different locations and can't remember where they dropped them. This makes them inaccessible for other users. We have a lot of folders so I implemented FileWatcher Simple program to monitor these folders and if there is a change in folder structure I get an email with an attached log. The log tells me which folders got created/deleted/renamed and I am able to restore the folder structure if need; but I cannot see who caused these changes.

1. Is there a way for me to see which user in my domain modified the folders?

2. Is there a way to disable users from drag and dropping, deleting, renaming folders yet still maintain full access to the files within these folders?

Thank You

Back
Top Bottom