Monitor/Virus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greencow_555

Baseband Member
Hey all,

I have a strange problem that I've not encountered before. Everytime I boot into windows my monitor shuts off onto standby, but the computer carries on, (i can hear the windows startup noise when I blindly login).

I cannot use safemode either for it does the same thing, I can only get on in VGA mode.

Also, I thought it was a virus due to some virus exe's on my startup list. But my virus software stopped working, then every piece of virus software I try to install (mcafee, bitdefender, avgfree) has an error during the install. USually saying 'file X cannot be written, make sure you have access'.

I'm using windows xp pro
Athlon AMD 64
Geforce mx440

Thanks peeps,
Gaz

No, that didn't work, not sure how it would.

The computer started to get the blue screen of death everytime it booted up after I finally got Avast! to install.

I also keep getting a 'language installation pack' window popping up.

Check your BIOS and make sure you ahve the onboard Video turned off. I am guessing that the GeForce 440 is a added card. If it is this should solve it. If it isnt added but a part of your mobo then make sure the onboard video is turned on in the BIOS.

Other than that if you get the monitor problem solved boot into safe mode and have your virus software run a scan to get rid of the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom