Monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

justadummy

Baseband Member
On my Dell 8100, I have a frame around my screen when I change the settings from the largest one to 600x800 or so on. I had this problem before and somebody here told me to down load the latest monitor driver? I can't remember exactly. I got on dell's website and it show quite a number of different monitor models that this thing can have. Any suggestions?

I suddenly had the same problem on my own Compaq laptop. In the video card options (control panel-display-settings-advanced, etc.) there should be an option available to check called "stretch image to screen size" or something like that. On other laptops this option is available in the BIOS instead. I don't think that just downloading the drivers will do anything just by itself, although it's a good idea for other reasons.

justadummy said:
On my Dell 8100, I have a frame around my screen when I change the settings from the largest one to 600x800 or so on. I had this problem before and somebody here told me to down load the latest monitor driver? I can't remember exactly. I got on dell's website and it show quite a number of different monitor models that this thing can have. Any suggestions?

What size is your monitor??? And if you don't know that, then atleast you can look on the back of your monitor to get the model number or serial number. How can we help you if you don't give us something to go on? Dell 8100 is the PC model, it doesn't tell us anything about the monitor you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom