Monitor not turning on with Vista - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2007, 03:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default Monitor not turning on with Vista

I reformated my drive with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit version. I ran the installation perfectly and I was able to boot the OS for the first time. But then I restarted the computer and my monitor is not geting a signal. I reformatted once again and use my 1440x900 Acer (Which by the way for some reason I can't run low RES on.) this time and the same thing. I can only get the OS up for the very first time. After that it won't start it just stops sending a signal. I noticed my computers cpu is working through the no signal... As if it's loading something. I'm checked the Device Manager and there's a driver for my ATI 1600x series already installed. I couldn't install CATALSYT drivers for ATI... It wouldn't let me.

Old 06-10-2007, 05:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Monitor not turning on with Vista

The Catalyst Drivers have a specific way to isntall them. You have to read more on the ATi/AMD website about that.

The only thing i can think of is that it is still doing some setup. How long did you leave it running for before you shut it down? It could be that it doesnt have the right drivers.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-11-2007, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Chillin Techie
Default Re: Monitor not turning on with Vista

go to safe mode and uninstall the video drivers. then find a mode that works in regular windows
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Closed Thread