Monitor not turning on with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I reformated my drive with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit version. I ran the installation perfectly and I was able to boot the OS for the first time. But then I restarted the computer and my monitor is not geting a signal. I reformatted once again and use my 1440x900 Acer (Which by the way for some reason I can't run low RES on.) this time and the same thing. I can only get the OS up for the very first time. After that it won't start it just stops sending a signal. I noticed my computers cpu is working through the no signal... As if it's loading something. I'm checked the Device Manager and there's a driver for my ATI 1600x series already installed. I couldn't install CATALSYT drivers for ATI... It wouldn't let me.

The Catalyst Drivers have a specific way to isntall them. You have to read more on the ATi/AMD website about that.

The only thing i can think of is that it is still doing some setup. How long did you leave it running for before you shut it down? It could be that it doesnt have the right drivers.

go to safe mode and uninstall the video drivers. then find a mode that works in regular windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom