monitor not showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznskater51

Baseband Member
i have a hp computer so then i got this new proccessor that didnt work for the hp computer. so then i placed my proccessor that worked with the hp computer which worked fine b4 i placed in the new proccessor. Now weird thing is the monitor screen isent showing up. i know its not the monitors fault neighther the hard drive or the cd drive cause they are all working fine. what u guys think the problem is? and the mobo is working fine as well.

You will need to reset the CMOS battery. There will be a jumper next to the CMOS battery (usually blue), remove it for about 5 minutes, replace it, and you will probably be alright. If you don't know what the CMOS battery is, it looks like a large watch battery inside your PC.

BandwidthHogg said:
You will need to reset the CMOS battery. There will be a jumper next to the CMOS battery (usually blue), remove it for about 5 minutes, replace it, and you will probably be alright. If you don't know what the CMOS battery is, it looks like a large watch battery inside your PC.

it is a watch battery

i cant seem to find the cmos on this mobo. i did take battery out and replug back in bout 5 min after and same thing

err this mobo is wierd the battery is put on sidways not on its flat side and i cant seem to find the cmos setting

I've taken a battery from a watch and replace one . I go to radio shack or the pawn shop where they have a jeweler to get the cr2032 battery instead the computer store because it is cheaper (1.00 as oppose to to 3-4 bucks)

it might be black, its plactic, its standing up so it might be hard to see, but you should see 1 single pin pointing at you, and thats where the cmos jumper is, its on the other two pins that you can see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom