modem

chara33

Daemon Poster
looking to install a modem {external} and i want it to use the drivers i have d/l on my desktop. How do I do this plz

What's the make and model of the modem? Sorry, I should have been more specific when I asked what kind of modem.

If you already have the drivers...then plug it in and see if Win10 auto-installs drivers.

If it doesn't, then (assuming the drivers you have are a collection of INF files) open up Device Manager -> Right click your device -> Update Driver -> Select the option to Browse for Drivers -> Point it to your folder where you have the driver files saved (make sure you check the "Include subfolders" box) -> Let it install.

If you already have the drivers...then plug it in and see if Win10 auto-installs drivers.

If it doesn't, then (assuming the drivers you have are a collection of INF files) open up Device Manager -> Right click your device -> Update Driver -> Select the option to Browse for Drivers -> Point it to your folder where you have the driver files saved (make sure you check the "Include subfolders" box) -> Let it install.

Sorry. it is a setup app so I guess that is not it. The modem is a agere system soft modem. I need driver version v2.2.98.0. Can someone direct me to a link for that specific driver. thx I will delete the app d/l.

PS How do i prevent the driver from updating to the newest. I need the one stated.

Sorry. it is a setup app so I guess that is not it. The modem is a agere system soft modem. I need driver version v2.2.98.0. Can someone direct me to a link for that specific driver. thx I will delete the app d/l.

PS How do i prevent the driver from updating to the newest. I need the one stated.

Before you delete the setup app...see if it extracts the drivers somewhere when you install it.

Or even better, if you have WinRAR or 7Zip, see if you can open the EXE and extract the drivers embedded in the EXE (if it's a self-extracting zip, this will be possible).

Back
Top Bottom