Missing operating system

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyescobar

Solid State Member
Hello, this is my first time here, can somebody please help me with the following problem?:
I have an IBM Thinkpad i series 1459 and the original owner did something to the computer, so when I turn it on it shows only a message saying "Missing operating system."
I got a bootable CD with the computer, it's a bootable Windows ME (originally the computer was using windows 2000). I inserted the CD, turned off the computer, turned on again and I had some choices, the standard... was selected, after that a blue screen is shown. On top it shows E: Edit, R: Run, etc. By the middle of the screen it shows:
FILMIN.COM
FILMINE.CNF
FILMINE.COM
FILMINE.EXE
FMCUSTE.EXE
I can highlight any of them (to select, I suppose), I didn't have idea what to select or what to do next, so I pressed 'Quit' and now I got a prompt like this:

A:\>

What should I do now?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hm.. Never had that problem. Now that A: comes up if it concerns a floppy. Do you have some kind of floppy that relates to that CD?

That A:> appears only if I select 'Quit' in the blue screen. The blue screen comes up after I turn on the computer with the bootable disk inside, from there I don't know what to do.

Go to www.bootdisk.com and download the windows 98 bootdisk oem, insert a blank floppy, run the program, once finished, restart the pc with the floppy in it, or you may need to set your bios to boot from floppy first.

Sorry for posting again before a reply, in case there is a misunderstanding, I said: "The blue screen comes up after I turn on the computer with the bootable disk inside," Actually it is a bootable CD, not disk.

I downloaded the windows 98 bootdisk oem, inserted the disk, restarted the pc with the floppy in it, and I got this message:

Invalid system disk
Replac the disk, and then press any key

Yes, I've had that problem. It got me really frustrated so I never bothered to look into it, now I wish I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom