"Missing operating system"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katorskay

Beta member
when i reboot my pc i always get this error message, now i know what you guys are thinking, yes i do have one installed. i recently bought a pc and thats really the only problem im having with it =/ for me to start the pc i have to turn it off and reboot it and go into the boot menu and run the first option that appears on the list and then windows runs normally after that. can anyone help me with the problem? its really an inconvenience for me. any help will be greatly appreciated.

Moved to Windows are as this is not a hardware issue. This is clearly software and Windows related.

Well we need some info first.

XP or Vista? cant tell you how to fix the boot without knowing that. Both have seperate ways to fix it.

Alright. Now we can try something. Can you insert the Windows CD and go to the Recovery Console and do a fixboot and fixmbr command. In that order. See if htat fixes the boot issue.

I don't have the windows CD we have a system restore drive that automatically loads windows when i reformat my PC and if we have to register it again we call the makers of the pc and they give us our number by telling them what number is on our pc.

EDIT:Sorry if i sound stupid I'm not THAT good with pc's (just know enough to get by.

Well you will need to get a Windows CD that matches your OS. Will need it. If not you will be forced to use the System Restore drive and start over.

some of the OEM recovery partitions have the ability to enter the recovery console, if not i am sure bartsPE has some way of doing it.

Download the Super Grub CD and burn the iso to a disk. Boot to that CD and it has an option in there to fix the Windows boot loader. It works like a charm, and it's free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom