missing icons in "my computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please read the last line of my statement above. Your CD Drive is not going to show up cause Windows is detecting a error with the drivers. So you cant expect it to show up if there is a problem with it. You need to update your drivers as i previously said.

The Recovery Drive shouldnt show up. It should be hidden. You dont want to be able to access it. Cause if you can that means if you get infected, which you already have, you could infect the Recovery Partition as well and be in worse shape then before.

So if you had the Recovery Drive active before you got infected i would be careful. Cause you could have easily infected your Recovery Data as well.

ok i dont know if my recovery showed up before. drivers are up to date. i checked for updated drivers and i have the latest driver. what else can it be

Where did you check for updated drivers? Windows update or the manufacturer's website?

Try uninstalling iTunes temporarily to see if that helps. Uninstall it, reboot, and see if your drive shows up under My Computer.

Device Manager will use Windows Update. Go to the PC Manufacturer's site.

Do what Mak suggested then.

Is there any specific error code that its giving?

i'm searching for updated drivers. I checked toshiba's website dont see anything its a pioneer drive but i dont see drives on their website at all.

this is what it says by device properties.
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
i posted a screenshot of it on an earlier post if you've left school yet :p

What about Chipset? Have you installed those? Have you tried to remove the device then restart the computer and have Windows Auto Detect the drive again?

I know the screen shot. I have looked at it. It is telling you the same thing i am. The drivers in use are not correct and the device can not be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom