missing icons in "my computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

myr707

In Runtime
I just opened "my computer" and the only icon there is "c" the main hdd not the partition with the os and not my cd drive. Also nothing happens when i put in a cd into the drive (i haven't changed the autoplay settings) I'm running vista sp1. Any help is appreciated :eek:

1. Click on the start menu.
  2. Type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.
  3. Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.
  4. In the right panel you'll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.
  5. Restart Windows.
  6. Let me know if this works

1. Click on the start menu.
  2. Type in “regedit” without the quotation marks.
  3. Maximize the HKLM and then go ahead and browse until you reach the key listed above.
  4. In the right panel you'll see something along the lines of “UpperFilter” and “LowerFilter” you want to click on each “filter” key and hit delete. Click yes when it asks to confirm if you wish to delete the key.
  5. Restart Windows.
  6. Let me know if this works

I'm sorry but "browse un til you reach the key mentioned above" which was that? Also by HKLM you mean local machine right?

Guess this would help

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

No:eek:

Only the files mentioned in the below location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11­CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom