Missing CD Drive After Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Camouflage__

Daemon Poster
I have a LiteOn CD-RW Drive (SOHR-5239V06C) and I have reformatted my computer, now my CD-RW Drive won't read, nor get detected by my computer. My DVD-RW drive is working great though. I have seen somewhere that there are registry tweaks that will make my CD-RW drive to be recognized, and usable. I know this drive works, I can open it, put a CD in, listen to it spin up and down, but Windows will not detect it. My question is, does anyone know of these registry hacks? Or another way to make it recognized?

Go to device manager and search for hardware changes.

make sure the pins where the ribbon cable pluggs in are not bent and the cable itself

I got it fixed, nothing was wrong with the cables. I don't know why Windows didn't recognize it. I tried to check for hardware changes, but it still wasn't detected. I took the drive out, and booted up the computer with only my DVD+-RW drive. Then, I just didn't want the drive to sit around (4 Little kids running around)., so I popped it back in, hooked it up, turn on the computer, and then I got both drives to work. Both showed 'Boot From CD Press Any Key' (Had 2 Bootable Discs in them). Windows Detected them and now I'm here.

office politics said:
you reseated the cables.

kthxbye.

No, nothing was wrong with the cables. As I stated in the topic of this thread, the CD-Drive wasn't recognized by Windows, AFTER A FORMAT! Before I formatted it, it was working fine, didn't take out/change anything between format, so how could it be the cables? ERRRR??!?!??

KTHXBYE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom