Misc. computer problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cunjo

Daemon Poster
I've been having some irritating problems with my computer recently, and would like (if possible) to find a way to fix them:

1) Status bar in IE does not show when opening a link in a new window, starting a new window, or opening IE from another application (such as messenger) I like to have the status bar there so I can see if a page is making any progress in loading, and going to the view menu to turn it on every time is tedious.

2) Sound scheme for MSN messenger reverts to default windows scheme whenever MSN messenger is opened. (the default sounds got on my nerves, so I set the sounds control panel to use sounds from my own scheme for MSN, but I have to go back into the control panel every time I open MSN to set them again)

3) Older problem: I need to find and delete all registry data concerning SpyBot SD before reinstalling it (or that's what I make of it) Since spybot is set to automatically scan when it is opened, and automatically close (without fixing anything) when it finishes. Reinstalling didn't work, so I may need to make some registry changes before trying again.

4) Hardware-related issue: My laptop PC is connected wirelessly through a Microsoft wireless base station model MN-500. Theoretically, it is possible to save the configuration settings to a file on a computer and then restore them after resetting the base station. I've tried this multiple times, but each time I try to restore the settings, it only turns on port forwarding (to ports on a computer I don't have for Windows Messenger which I don't use) If anyone here uses that base station, could they tell me how to restore the settings?

If anyone can help me with any of these problems, or at least point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom