Minor dual screen quirk with Win 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
On Vista on this PC when I would be on Bad Company 2, my 2nd monitor was still lit up fine and I could see whatever was there. This was nice because when gaming I could monitor certain things and it was just really convenient.

I have Windows 7 now overtop of Vista and with BC2 when I'm on the game the 2nd monitor blacks out. I have the latest Nvidia driver on a 9600 GT.

Any ideas? Is there a setting I can adjust?

What happens if you choose a different setup for the monitors? E.g. extend the desktop, or another option if you've already got that one selected.

This ultramon seems to cost monies. Blah.

I did not have this issue in Vista. I was just hoping it wasn't a Win 7 thing that prevents it.

I notice some games black out the other screen sometimes, namely the original Assassin's Creed and Bioshock. My fix? alt+enter or alt+tab, then either alt+enter again or bring the window back up. Should fix it.

I notice some games black out the other screen sometimes, namely the original Assassin's Creed and Bioshock. My fix? alt+enter or alt+tab, then either alt+enter again or bring the window back up. Should fix it.

That's what I tried. At first I thought it was just a fluke so I alt+tab'd out and kept trying. Each and every single time it blacked out the 2nd window. When I was on Vista (same pc), maybe 1/20 alt-tab's would cause the 2nd monitor to go black, but it defaulted to being active.

I never realized how much I utilized the 2nd monitor even when full screen gaming. It came in quite handy. I wish there was a way to get it back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom