This might be tricky...

coolbrze

In Runtime
I have a MS Excel file that I store data on & apparently it got corrupt some how. The file is on a flash drive which might make things more difficult. When I try to open the file, it says "Office File Validation detected a problem while trying to open this file. Opening it may be dangerous." If I click open, it then tells me "Excel found unreadable content in file. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook? If you trust the source of the workbook, click Yes." If I click yes, the file opens but the wording is all lost & there are just some # values. It then says "Errors were detected... but MS Office Excel was able to open the file by making repairs... save file to make repairs permanent." & Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log:

Errors were detected in file 'H:\...xls'
The following is a list of repairs:

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, is there any way to get the data/contents of this file back?

Not sure if shadow copy works on removable storage but try right-clicking the file, click properties, and check the previous version tab for something you can restore. it's a long shot though...

Back
Top Bottom