Microsoft Word WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalcProgrammer1

Fully Optimized
I'm making a flowchart design thing for a project...everything's going fine, using Word 2007's Smart Art feature, get it looking nice, move everything where I want it, look at the print preview, and then click Print.

What comes out of the printer, on the other hand, is madness.

The print preview:
asplannedgk5.jpg

The actual printout:
asprintedfv6.jpg

Anyone know what's wrong here?

Are the measurements setup for 8.5" x 11.5"? In landscape or portrait?

Hello,

Erm...are you sure you're printing the right document? lol. What a stark difference.

Perhaps it has something to do with the page margins or size, not sure. Try printing a small and simple SmartArt flowchart in the centre of the document to see if the output is the same.

Would setting the margins to outside the printable region make a difference? I don't mind the edges of the side boxes being cut off but trying to fit it in margins made the small boxes too small.

Yes messing with the margins can cause this. As they will be put back into place when it tries to print and well you see how it can mess with the result.

Gah. I hope I never have to use "Smart" art again! It is a good idea but it is a pain to work with. I had a bunch of white space at the bottom of my SmartArt "area" yet trying to resize the area shrunk the contents, leaving useless white space. I had to mess around with the stuff inside, then resize the whole thing, resize everything back, move everything around...not smart at all! Very poor interface and design choice ruins what is otherwise a nice feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom