"Microsoft Word has stopped working" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all. I recently installed Microsoft Office 2010 Professional on my new rig. Suddenly, without warning, Microsoft Word will no longer open. I receive this message:

"Microsoft Word has stopped working"

When I click :View Problem Details, there is a shipload of info there.

What can I do? I desperately need Microsoft Office to work for me [I am a teacher].

Please help me if you can. I took some screen shots of the messages.

Thanks,

Soar

Attachments

• ms error mess 1.JPG
    ms error mess 1.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 930
  • ms error mess 2.JPG
    ms error mess 2.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 930
  • ms error mess 3.JPG
    ms error mess 3.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 927
Have you tried to repair it?

Repair or remove Office 2010 - Excel - Microsoft Office

Have you tried to uninstall the suite and reinstall it?

Mak, I read your post and did the repair according to your clear instructions. That did the trick. It appears to be working now and even launches when I open it.

Ok, the million dollar question: Are other people having trouble with Office Professional 2010 or is it just me?

Note: I NEVER had a problem with Office 2000,2002, 2003 or 2007 crashing and refusing to open. What the heck is going on with Microsoft Office 2010 Professional?

I have had Office 2010 installed since the Beta Stages through the RC stages and now to the final stage. I have not had a single issue at all with the program. Did you make sure to remove the previous versions of office and all of the other stuff they left behind?

Microsoft Office 2007 Complete Registry Removal and Deletion Uninstaller » My Digital Life

Using tools such as that? If not then that could be exactly why you are getting the issues you are. If you dont remove previous versions completely like they were never there, they will conflict and cause problems with the newer versions.

I have had Office 2010 installed since the Beta Stages through the RC stages and now to the final stage. I have not had a single issue at all with the program. Did you make sure to remove the previous versions of office and all of the other stuff they left behind?

Microsoft Office 2007 Complete Registry Removal and Deletion Uninstaller » My Digital Life

Using tools such as that? If not then that could be exactly why you are getting the issues you are. If you dont remove previous versions completely like they were never there, they will conflict and cause problems with the newer versions.

Mak,

The system in question is a brand new rig, never had any Microsoft Office software ever installed before. That is another reason why I was so shocked. Thanks for the heads up on that Microsoft Office 2007 Complete Registry Removal and Deletion Uninstaller...I will definitely use it if I ever am asked to delete Microsoft Office 2007!

Soar

Soar, are you sure that there was never any Demo version installed? Cause if there was then that could be the issue. If you are sure then it sounds like either the install didnt go through properly or something happened with an update that caused this.

Soar, are you sure that there was never any Demo version installed? Cause if there was then that could be the issue. If you are sure then it sounds like either the install didnt go through properly or something happened with an update that caused this.

Mak, thanks for your reply. I am certain I never had a demo on this rig. I did experiment with the free beta version on my other rig and it worked sweet. This new rig...it's my new i5-750 and it is brand spankin' new. I may have had an earlier copy of Microsoft Office on the hard drive I am using for Windows 7 install, but I washed it clean with G-Parted Live and IOLO's military grade cleaning software before installed the OS, so I am kind of certain it was thoroughly cleaned before I did the install.

I am still happy because after using the Microsoft repair utility as you suggested, MS Word 2010 has worked flawlessly now for a couple of days...now I hope it will continue to do so as ALL their other versions have worked flawlessly for me in the past.

Soar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom