Microsoft Will Not Release DirectX 10 for WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Microsoft Will Not Release DirectX 10 for WinXP25th May 06
Microsoft will not release next-generation graphics application programming interface (API) called DirectX 10 for the currently shipping Windows XP operating system (OS), instead, the company will keep the new API strictly for the forthcoming Windows Vista OS, despite earlier assumptions about DirectX 10 for the XP.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20060525104034.html

I said that half a year ago and I was chewed out for it. Just like I said Win2K was being discontinued.

I can say that this wont stay true. When M$ sees how poorly Vista is in slaes to start off they will change their mind and release DX10 for XP. Vista will not get the types of sales they are expecting.

Makaveli213 said:
I can say that this wont stay true. When M$ sees how poorly Vista is in slaes to start off they will change their mind and release DX10 for XP. Vista will not get the types of sales they are expecting.

this is why they are doing it. to make more money off of vista

Makaveli213 said:
You got that right. Especially with that price!

EricB said:
this is why they are doing it. to make more money off of vista
I agree, I think they know that Vista isn't really going to sell itself so they're going to figure out ways of forcing people to upgrade. So if you want to play the latest games, you'll also have to own Vista whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom