Microsoft Says IE More Secure Than Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have hit several sights with FF that set my anti-virus to screaming. I took care of the problem right then and there. the browser had nothing to do with it.

god complexes....can you tell who has it? I won't proclaim a name...but you can see it in his(or her) posts...but this should be a hint

"do you think that I care about what you think?"

and forrestcupp I'm sure could care less what you think, as many of us here do too. But keep getting that post count up, so everyone knows you exist. ;)

many of us come to forums to look for information or to post opinions, and many of us could also care less about what you think of our posts...that (your) statement in itself speaks of that fact

psychology, it's a good thing :D

you daddy is a her. you will never be the man that your momma was

you are here for a post count. you don't contribute anything else. you ask stupid questions and then do a post count.

check my record. I help people.

I also get lots of infected computer where thet had ie as the default browser. it's what I do. I fix computers. I've never got an virus infected computer where firefox was the default browser.

tell me. why was firefox invented?

to give people a safe stable browser. opera was invented for the same reason. because the monopoly browser (IE) just wasn't safe and stable

what do you do beside get on people's nerves?

do you think that I care about what you think?

go to myspace. a crack site or where there is free software in ie, the government is putting a trojan on your computer from myspace. you are immune to this with ff. if you don't believe me look it up. I posted an article about it on one of these threads. I'm not going to find it again, because I really don't care what you think.

Easy Rocko. Reread my post. I said I know it's possible, but that's not how it happens most of the time. If you frequent crack sites, you deserve a virus. If you go to a free software site and download infected software and install it, it doesn't matter which browser you use. If you open an infected email attachment, it doesn't matter if you're using Firefox or IE; you will get a virus.

I am a Firefox user. My whole point is that it is pretty deceptive to make someone believe that just because they use Firefox, they are safe. You also have to pay attention to what you are doing. I haven't used an anti-virus in a couple of years, and because I pay attention to what I do, I haven't had any virus problems (even when I use IE).

I know Firefox is more secure, but people need to be informed about the big picture, not just one part of it.

Now go ahead and bash away.

EricB,
I was thinking about it, and I do need to apologize for calling you ridiculous in my earlier post.

I do still hold to my thoughts, though. I just conveyed them in a bad way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom