microsoft ripping people off? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: microsoft ripping people off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjheero_yuy99 View Post
wow... such low levels of ethics... not that microsoft doesn't have enough money, but the retail chains should be supported for being there. It costs the stores money when you do illegal things like that.
who cares.... i mean he already got the key which matters the most anyways, why go out an buy a new copy of XP when he already has it..... microsoft doesn't deserve another penny anyways....

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-19-2007, 01:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
Super Techie

bittorent=xp pro corporate edition.

Ultra PS, Ultra Mid Tower Case
Lite-on internal DVD-R, Samsung Lite-Scribe Ext. DVD-R
2 Acer 19" widescreen LCD's. For HTPC Olevia 32" LCD
Old 07-19-2007, 01:48 AM   #13 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu2duo View Post
bittorent=xp pro corporate edition.
if you type xp home in a torrent search there are a few torrents available.
500GB WD 5000AAKX-001CA0
1.5 TB Seagate ST1500DM003
Zotac Geforce GTX 950 2GB GDDR5
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Old 07-19-2007, 02:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

YES, i jsut read the thread title and was able to answer that question.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:19 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

yeah i know but i am planning on selling my computer and don't want to give away a pirated disc. I also don't want to get caught with illegal software.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjheero_yuy99 View Post
wow... such low levels of ethics... not that microsoft doesn't have enough money, but the retail chains should be supported for being there. It costs the stores money when you do illegal things like that.
Not really. You only buy a license to the software. Which you dont even own technically. M$ still owns it. We basically rent it. For a high price. So why pay for another serial when you already have one? Gonna pay another $100 for a plastic CD that cost then $2 to make? Just so they can get another $90 profit out of it?

Sorry my ethics is just fine. I use my $$ to take care of my daughter not line Gates and Ballmers pockets. They have enough money already. They have more than they can use to cover 7 lifetimes. Are they gonna help me out when i need it? No so why should i help them.

I have a serial so i just get my disc from somewhere else. They ALL do the same thing. Doesnt matter as long as it is Home for home and Pro for Pro. Some have some extras added like security updates while others dont.

Till i see Ballmer and Gates come to my neighborhood and buy stuff for our local shops and help support my family. I will do what i have to. If i have to pirate a disc and use a legit serial. So be it.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 07-19-2007, 08:53 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

I want to get rid of linux on my 3rd computer anyway which is why i was going to get the $90 copy of xp yet. Then i would have 3 cd keys and 2 discs but i will still have to get a copy of xp for my 3rd rig when the price drops which I bet the price won't drop even when windows vienna comes out next year.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)
Veteran Techist Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli213 View Post
Not really. You only buy a license to the software. Which you dont even own technically. M$ still owns it. We basically rent it. For a high price. So why pay for another serial when you already have one? Gonna pay another $100 for a plastic CD that cost then $2 to make? Just so they can get another $90 profit out of it?

Sorry my ethics is just fine. I use my $$ to take care of my daughter not line Gates and Ballmers pockets. They have enough money already. They have more than they can use to cover 7 lifetimes. Are they gonna help me out when i need it? No so why should i help them.

I have a serial so i just get my disc from somewhere else. They ALL do the same thing. Doesnt matter as long as it is Home for home and Pro for Pro. Some have some extras added like security updates while others dont.

Till i see Ballmer and Gates come to my neighborhood and buy stuff for our local shops and help support my family. I will do what i have to. If i have to pirate a disc and use a legit serial. So be it.
What more can you say to this response then..

Amen!!

• Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked 3.2Ghz - Megahalem Cooler
  • eVGA E758-A1 X58 Intel LGA 1366 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
  • MSI Armor OC 8GB GeForce GTX 1070
  • eVGA 650W G2 Modular Power Supply
  • Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case
  • Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
  • Corsair Force LE 250GB SSD
  • OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD
Old 07-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #19 (permalink)
Not A Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
windows vienna
What's that?
Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #20 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Windows Vienna isnt coming out next year. It isnt even being started yet. Windows Vienna is the codename for the next Windows OS. The name will be changed to Windows 7 though. They are going to go with a number system to make it easier.

Vienna isnt even in its alpha stages yet. They are still working hard and concentrating on Vista right now. They have not put anyone on that project at all.

XP...well you better get a copy of it quick. M$ is shafting everyone and stopping all sales of it before the new year. So no you wont see a price drop. But you said you ahve 3 serials and 3 machines. Which is all you need. No need to buy another serial.

Ohh yeah about the Stores aspect....No. I worked at Wal-Mart. They dont pay for the product as much as you think. I worked in Electronics. I can say that for a fact. While they charge you $99 for a XP UPGRADE disc it only cost them about $30. If that. So the stores dont lose out. You return it they do the same thing and get their $$ back. Plus being software they have strict rules about returns.

Plus the software is a different aspect. They dont pay up front for the software like other products. They pay after the product leaves the store. So if the XP disc just sits there they dont pay a penny for it. Not until it gets scanned by a register. So while you going ot the store and then returning it does cost them $30 they can get it back just as easy as we do returning it to the store. All they do is send it back to the Distribution Center. Then they get credit. So they dont get charged a dime while we pay the $100 for a disc.

Sorry but being in retail for over 5 years has taught me a few things. They are worse than M$ ever could think of being. They get their products at such a cheap price and then mark it up on average 50% to make a profit. To me their ethics should be called into question. That is why i try and stay away from Wal-Mart and Target. They are the worst at this. They get dirt cheap products...mark them up over 50%...and tell you that you save more...Bull!!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread