microsoft ripping people off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
about 5 months ago my xp home edition disc got messed up in my cd rom drive and they said it would be about $40.00 to replace it.

Today i called and they said $23.00 plus $5.00 shipping and I called another number for microsoft and answered all the guys ?'s then he said i will get the disc in about 10 days so i asked him if i had to pay for it and he said the disc is free.

I talked to about 5 different people on the phone and they all said $23.00 and $5.00 shipping.

I wonder what is going on there. I hope I get the disc for free.

I couldn't figure out where to go to get a retail microsoft xp disc.

Just to the local computer store, staples etc., and buy a disc. Bring it home and image the disc. Return the disc to the store within hours and BS that its the wrong version.

don't get what your saying. I guess i could've went to staples bought the disc again and put the scratched one in but thats ok I am still getting the disc for free.

wow... such low levels of ethics... not that microsoft doesn't have enough money, but the retail chains should be supported for being there. It costs the stores money when you do illegal things like that.

yeah which is why i don't do things like that but you know some people do.

I was just saying that is something to do but i wouldn't.

Just go to thepiratebay or demonoid or torrentspy or torrent box or any other torrent site. Get a copy of XP. Easy peasy. As long as you have your serial it dont matter where you get it from.

^True..I would just download a copy and use the legal CD key you have. The important thing is the serial key is legal. Next time learn to backup your copy.

Just go to thepiratebay or demonoid or torrentspy or torrent box or any other torrent site. Get a copy of XP. Easy peasy. As long as you have your serial it dont matter where you get it from.

i agree dude, u told me this same thing when my dog ate my copy of XP Professional.... but watch out on the sizes, if ur not careful ur system is screwed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom