Microsoft "Publisher".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayp

Solid State Member
Hi, I have had my system updated but retained Windows Me for the time being and installed another version of "Publisher".
The computer is operating extremely well with only one fault which is.....The version of "Publisher" installed is 95 vintage and I cannot access my documents. The caption comes up as " cannot open files from a different version".
My problem is what version of Publisher do I need to instal to access my documents ? I have read that some versions are backward capable ?

OK I know I should have taken the original version number but I am a UK Virgin Tech probably a UK prat as well but can someone advise me please. Rayp.

I'm not sure what exactly you mean, but this is what I think your saying...

You have files that are of a version newer than the version you have installed, and you need to open them. I would suspect that you had ver 98 or 2000 and that being said, you should try to get version 2003 so that you don't have to deal with this. The reverse compatability is only that they cans open and save files in the older format, not that there is a format that will let you open a newer format. It sucks, but that's it. If you want, you can send me the files, and I'll back save them, but that is all anyone can do for you I think...

Good luck

Thanks Inaris, I am in the process of bidding for Publisher 2002 also a 2003 version. I appreciate your help and suggestions to solve my problem. I will advise again later. Rayp

Thanks Inaris your advice was taken and all is 100%. I purchased Publisher 2002 version which has proven backward compatible so I can now read all my old Publisher documents.
Cant thank you enough. Kind regards. Rayp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom