Microsoft Outlook 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffhucker

In Runtime
I have been trying to tune up a very poor running system for a friend and in doing so her Outlook is unable to run out of Safe-Mode.

The error mess's come up:

Outlook failed to start correctly last time. Starting Outlook in safe mode will help you correct or isolate a startup problem in order to successfully start the program. Some functionality may be disabled in this mode.

Then:
Do you want to start Outlook in safe mode?

I have tried deleting the
outcmd.dat file (it doesnt come back either)
extend.dat file
frmcache file
I renamed the *.srs files
I ran the detect and repair many times

I saw a post in another forum where Spam bayes was involved as it is here. Although I have tried to completly remove it and it doesnt solve the prob.

I am thinking about reinstalling office but am scared! She uses her Outlook for work and it's folder/emails makeup is very complex.

If I just backup the .pst files am I safe??

Thanks

outlook

csamuels,

So,

I just need to record all her account settings?
Is there no way I can back this up?

What about this stuff?:

C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\outlook
&
C:\Documents and Settings\stevensa\Application
Data\Microsoft\outlook

Thanks

I have tried to export / import account settings in outlook 2000 with no success at all. I dont know if 2002 allows export / import. You may want to look it up and test. Otherwise, record all account settings. if you need a asterisk reveal app for the password, i got one you can use.

Also, any manual config of Tools | Options will be reset to the default settings of Outlook. You may want to record these as well.

Backup the pst, record these options, and it should be "wrapped up so your good to go!!!"

Outlook

csamuels,

Yes a PW recovery tool would be good. I had PW recovery 123 b4 but I dont think it works on XP? So if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom