Microsoft Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

npettit

Baseband Member
Okay,
In my company, we have at least 150 users but not all of them have there own computer. Most users share computers where ever they can find a free desk. whenever they do this though one of the IT people has to set up Outlook for them on that computer. This is a reocurring problem that we have due to new hires and constant moving around. Is there any way that we can set up outlook to access our exchange server right at the start? any help will be much apreciated

Okay,
In my company, we have at least 150 users but not all of them have there own computer. Most users share computers where ever they can find a free desk. whenever they do this though one of the IT people has to set up Outlook for them on that computer. This is a reocurring problem that we have due to new hires and constant moving around. Is there any way that we can set up outlook to access our exchange server right at the start? any help will be much apreciated

as far as I know the only way to get separate email accounts in outlook that other users cant access is to create a new user account in windows and then setup outlook in that account. which it sounds like is what your IT is doing I believe.

I might be wrong , but that is the only way I know to do it

Well but ofcourse there is, these are your options:

Make a new user account and have the user log on like any other user and have a custom prf file that they will click and automatically setup their email <-- this is the easiest and requires no admin help as it is automatically configured

Setup multiple accounts on the same user logon <-- this will require admin help as you will need to set it up

thanks but i dont think that the prf files will work on office 2000? idk i could be wrong

i would assume they are all in AD users and computers?

The easiest way is outlook 2007, it auto sets up the email when the user opens it, by using the windows login, tied to AD obviously. Why it took this long for this to be integrated is beyond me.

It sounds like your company is on office 2000 though.

With Office 2000....wouldnt it be this easy.

User logs into windows.
User clicks on outlook icon.
User types server name and their name on first window.
Hit check names.

and be done???? whats so difficult about that?

Map a drive with a easy quick little how to on how to perform the above steps?

the problem with telling people how to do it is that most of our employees are extremely computer illiterate and cant even comprehend those instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom