microsoft outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

slack44

Solid State Member
hi I need some help setting up outlook 2000. I have 2 computers on a router with file sharing enabled. they both have outlook installed and running. now I am trying to configure both computers to have the same outlook data on both of them. for example, if I make a task on computer A, the task should somehow appear on computer B. however, both computers must have outlook open at the same time.

I tries saving the .pst file on one compuet and share it with the other, but when I opened it on both it said the file was in use. so that didn't work.

does anyone have any suggestions, I need a few options if possible.

I also downloaded a microsoft exchange server trial to see if that can work but I tink I need windows server 2003 which I do not have. is the exchange server also an option if I don't have win server 2003?

I dont think you can do that in outlook without being on an exchange server to setup delegates and such...I dont see how you would sync these..hmmm...let me ponder but I dont think its possible. Perhaps someone will prove me wrong.

the only thing i could think of is maping a network drive and linking both outlook applications to that file on the drive. but i think thats what you where talking about when you tried sharing it so i dont know im not sure its even possible espesially if you want to run outlook at the same time on each computer.

jcortes said:
the only thing i could think of is maping a network drive and linking both outlook applications to that file on the drive. but i think thats what you where talking about when you tried sharing it so i dont know im not sure its even possible espesially if you want to run outlook at the same time on each computer.

I agree eve if you went that route..which it kinda sounds like he did then you would get that conflict..which is only natural since both are trying to write to the file at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom