Microsoft offers a Vista two-for deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
As 2007 rolls to a close, Microsoft isn't letting up on its efforts to push Windows Vista.
The latest promotion is aimed at subscribers Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) or TechNet who provided Microsoft with Vista testing feedback.
“As we approach the one year anniversary of launching Windows Vista we want to remember you as one of the many people who downloaded and tested one of the Windows Vista Beta or Release Candidates through TechNet or MSDN. YOU were a significant contributor to the development of Windows Vista. Your participation was extremely valuable to Microsoft, and we would like to say, ‘Thank You!'” according to an e-mail message I received about the promotion at the end of December.
Under terms of “The Ultimate Offer,” testers can go to any retail or online store and buy a copy of Vista Ultimate (full or upgrade version) for full price and Microsoft will match it with a second complimentary Vista Ultimate Upgrade product key.
To participate in the promotion, invited testers should go to the Vista Tester Offers site. The promotion ends January 15, 2008.
According to the most recently released numbers from Microsoft, the company sold 88 million copies of Vista at retail (to the channel, not necessarily to end users), plus another 42 million licensees through its volume license programs since Vista went on sale. Microsoft officials said at the Vista launch they expected the uptake of Vista to be twice the rate of Windows XP — a rate the company didn't realize (although how short it fell is up for debate).

Microsoft offers a Vista two-for deal - www.Tech-Dump.com

That means someone can donate the free key to me, right?

ask fade2black2004 for a free Vista Business Key ;)

also Microsoft is really desperate to push Vista aren't they?

its a good OS, but on this bad system I'd only use Vista Home Basic haha (actually I am right now.. last dl from Demonoid b4 they went away :()

I have Vista Basic and Vista Business that i could get rid of....:p

I'll take a Business, but I don't know how much use it would get. I have an empty partition for it, but I dunno about having to mess with installing/reinstalling apps for it.

Vista is just like XP. The thing with Business edition is that you dont ahve the Media Center part like Home PRemium does. I do have a serial for that as well. I forgot about that one hiding away. :p

But Using Vista is just like using XP. You have to make sure that you have the current versions of your apps and that is about it. Some apps dont have a Vista compatible version. Like some video conversion apps. While others you can run in XP SP2 compatibility mode and they work fine.

Hit me up on PM Totter and let me know what apps you are looking to run. I will let you know if i see any issues with them or if i know of a solution to the apps that wont work. ;)

Oh, I use current apps, but I would have to install them in Vista for them to work... i.e. it can't use my XP installations.

There is a Transfer Wizard jsut like there is with XP. But yes you would have to install the Apps.

ask fade2black2004 for a free Vista Business Key ;)

also Microsoft is really desperate to push Vista aren't they?

its a good OS, but on this bad system I'd only use Vista Home Basic haha (actually I am right now.. last dl from Demonoid b4 they went away :()

it's marketing and promotions, they like to reward those that either like to use their products or...like to use their products. Lol. It's not like they are running lame commercials trying to make competition look bad and begging people to buy their alternative, they just sell and reward from time to time. That's why I love MS and it's products.

it doesn't make sense to make a product...and not want people to use and adopt it btw ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom